Pre Reg Optometrists
Pre-Reg Optometrist... It all starts here.
You want the best start to your optometry career. We want to
help you be the best you can be. Our Pre-Reg Optometrist roles give
you the perfect opportunity to learn and grow.
Our year-long structured programme helps you put your skills
into practice and gain the wide ranging experience you need along
At Leightons, we know it takes time to examine customers
carefully and thoroughly. That's why, on qualification, we allow 30
minutes for every eye examination, which means you get longer to
deliver the kind of care you came into the profession to give.
Hard working, with bags of initiative, you're not afraid to ask
questions and expand your knowledge. Naturally, you'll be a great
communicator, full of patience and empathy. Commercially minded,
you care about a job well done and have bags of motivation to set
and achieve your own goals.
In return, we'll give you all the support you need to complete
your pre-reg year, as well as a competitive salary, oodles of
benefits and a great place to work.
Read on to find out more.
Who we are
Leightons Opticians is family owned. We've been in business now
for over 80 years by caring deeply about our customers.
Our vital statistics
There are 27 lovingly created, company-owned, stores.
- Plus, 8 proudly franchised outlets, and growing…
- Employing 227 happy and caring employees.
- Helping 1000s of customers to see… to hear… to live life to the
Why choose us?
Because we care…
We're a 'real' opticians, with a genuine commitment to customer
care. We care deeply about our customers, staff, suppliers and our
We see things differently.
At Leightons, we don't believe in cramming 25 eye tests into a
day. We believe in taking time to deliver a genuinely personalised
service. Because great service makes people happy, and happy people
stay with us for longer. It's simple really.
The sky's the limit.
Find all the support and training you need to develop in your
role. Have world-class suppliers at your finger tips. And a top
class team to help you deliver the very best eye care.
A competitive salary. Plus, a stack of benefits to shout
- Bonus scheme (unusually it's uncapped!)
- Gym/Club membership
- Private medical insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life cover 2 x salary or 4 x salary if in the pension
- Professional indemnity fees paid
- 27 days holidays
- Full time; hours 37.5 p.w, including Saturdays
- Staff discounts
Who we look for
There are all kinds of people working at Leightons. Some examine
eyes. Some dispense frames. Some advise on hearing. Lots help us
run our stores and keep things ticking along nicely.
But we find they broadly fit into the same kind mould.
- People who care about other people.
- People who listen.
- People who want to do the right thing.
- People who aren't content to sit still.
- People who are motivated and driven and want to be the best they
- People who are fun to work with.
- People who love life and want to help others live it to the
Think you'll fit right in? Then get in touch. Send your CV to