The eyes have it.
Time. There's never enough of it.
Optometrists at Leightons have 30 minutes for every eye
examination, which means you get longer to deliver the kind of care
you came into the profession to give. Because you know that no two
pairs of eyes are the same, and everyone deserves personalised
If you're a fully qualified optometrist, who really cares about
customers and want to help them live life to the full, we should be
Naturally, you'll be a great communicator, full of patience and
empathy, happy to work in a small team. Commercially minded, you
care about a job well done and have lots of motivation to set and
achieve your own goals. In return, we'll give you a competitive
salary plus an attractive benefits package and a great place to
Read on to find out more.
Who we are
Leightons Opticians is family owned. We've been in business now
for over 80 years by caring deeply about our customers.
Our vital statistics
- There are 27 lovingly created, company-owned, stores.
- Plus, 8 proudly franchised outlets, and growing…
- Employing 227 happy and caring employees.
- Helping 1000s of customers to see… to hear… to live life to the
Why choose us?
Because we care…
We are an optician with a genuine commitment to customer care. We
care deeply about our customers, staff, suppliers and our local
We see things differently
We believe in taking time to deliver a genuinely personalised
service. Because great service makes people happy, and happy people
stay with us for longer. It's simple really.
The sky's the limit
Find all the support and training you need to develop in your
role. Have world-class suppliers at your finger tips. And a top
class team to help you deliver the very best eye care.
A competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package
• Bonus scheme
• A contribution to Gym/Club membership
• Private medical insurance
• Pension Scheme
• Life cover 2 x salary or 4 x salary if in the pension
• Professional indemnity fees paid
• 25 days holidays
• Staff discounts
Who we look for
There are all kinds of people working at Leightons that help us
run our stores and keep things ticking along nicely. We find they
broadly fit into the same kind of mould and are:
• People who care about other people.
• People who listen.
• People who want to do the right thing.
• People who aren't content to sit still.
• People who are motivated and driven and want to be the best they
• People who are fun to work with.
• People who love life and want to help others live it to the
Think you'll fit right in? Then get in touch.